This morning I made french toast for Travis and Caleb. I love french toast. Its one of my personally favorites. So I thought I'd give my recipe for the type of french toast I have been taught to make.
~Whole Wheat Bread
~2 large eggs
~1/4 cup 1% milk
(I usually dont measure my milk.. I just pour in a bit... so you can really add as much as you'd like depending on your taste. If you want the french toast w/ a eggier type flavor... add less milk. You can use 2% or whole milk as well.
~A dash of Vanilla Extract
~Reduced fat Syrup
1.Pre-heat your frying pan. I use a flat frying pan with no sides... makes it easier when flipping the toast. Spray it with a non-stick cooking spray. Let it heat up til you can feel the heat rising off the top of it. But not to hot...otherwise it will burn the toast.
2. Mix the 2 large white eggs together in a wide bowl. Add in milk, and Vanilla Extract.
3. Dip both sides of the toast into egg mixture covering both sides. Then place on pan. Cook toast until a golden brown on both sides.
4. After its done cooking add powdered sugar and cinammon sugar to taste.
5. Server with warm syrup! :-)
Now in the picture above the toast doesnt have powdered sugar. I like to add powdered sugar... but I didnt have any around. If you dont put any it taste great by itself with just the cinammon sugar.
Directions to make C.Sugar
1. Mix 1 part sugar and the other part cinammon. Simple ;-)
5 slices (feeds Travis, Caleb and myself just fine.)